Monday, December 10, 2007

Sometimes you get what you ask for

In following with the theme of the Law of Attraction, I have been doing much thinking about the ideas surrounding attracting positive or negative things over the past couple of weeks. It started with the Losier seminar (see my last blog) followed by a radio interview I had with two wonderful young men Brad Morris and Matthew Ashdown who can be found at their Junior Attractors website. (Both of these situations the lunch seminar and the radio interview were unconnected to one another but as with the Law of Attraction popped up within days of each other.)

As I was preparing for my course with parents of teens, I came across a sentence that read:

Ask yourself this question: "If I were to get my teen to swear or call me names, how would I do it?" Your answer may describe how you are doing it.

In other words, we sometimes inadvertently get what we ask for. This is not limited to teens but to all of the phases of childhood throught adult hood. Haven't you ever witnessed a time that a parent, in anger or frustration, yells at their child to stop yelling! Here we go again acting out the behaviours that we want to have stopped.

Another statement that I came across says:

Make sure you are not triggering some of these behaviours (i.e. name calling, swearing, yelling) by doing them yourself or doing triggering behaviours—asking questions, giving orders, not listening, lecturing.

In true Law of Attraction format I will change that statement to read: Make sure you are modelling behaviours that you want to see from your child or teen.

2 Comments:

At December 11, 2007 at 6:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It is great to see awareness out there about how the law of attraction can be used to develop better parent/teen relationships.

As you stated in your last post - we get what we ask for. More specifically, we get what we vibrate. I have learned in all relationships, but most blatantly with my teen/young adult children that if I keep my vibrations up (stay in my vibrational bubble as M. Losier states) they will rise up with me - and that alone is GOLD!

Thank you and keep up the great work!

Louise Aspden
louise.attractmorejoy.com

 
At December 15, 2007 at 7:44 PM , Blogger How To Drive A car - Learner said...

Have you read the Master Key System. It states that in times of heightened emotions, one is to regulate his thoughts well. This blog post is excellent and informative.

Clarence
http://lawofattractionmistakes.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home