Monday, January 7, 2008

The "R" of TRUST

Yesterday I started to explore the word trust using it's acronym T•R•U•S•T

Today the "R" word comes into play. I'd say RESPECT is one of the important aspects of trust. And here's where I sometimes I have a bone to pick with adults in general— parents and teachers in particular. Respect is a two way street. I often hear a parent or teacher asking for respect but not always willing to reciprocate that respect. Just because a person is a child or younger doesn't mean that they too don't deserve respect. Respect isn't about calling a person with the designation of Ms., Mr., Mrs., or whatever, it's about an attitude and a deserved feeling. Over the years, I have heard children using first names of teachers that they truly respected and others using the "title" of Mr., Ms., Sir, and Madam with no feeling of respect attached.

With Self-Trust and Relationship Trust, respect for self and others is really a critical piece. Again if you do not in a sense respect yourself or others how will you in fact engender trust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home